PDFsharp & MigraDoc Foundation

PDFsharp - A .NET library for processing PDF & MigraDoc Foundation - Creating documents on the fly
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read this before posting on this forum: Forum Rules

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:42 pm 

The company I work for is quite large and is skitish about using open source software. The legal team has blessed PDFSharp's license, but management is still skeptical about support availablility.

The proposed solution is to request from the makers of PDFSharp what their customer base looks like and to see if other companies of our size use and are satisfied with the level of support they are getting from the PDFSharp team.

Our company is comprised of 14,000 or so people. We do business all around the globe, and will be using PDFSharp for some pretty major projects if the go-ahead is given. The support level we would need would probably be under contract, and may include code modification at cost (this I do not know for sure, as I'm just required to gather information at this point).

Long story short, are their any large companies out there doing business using PDFSharp and who have support contracts?

The answer to this question will either make or break the acceptance of PDFSharp as the sole tool used for PDF document driven solutions at our company.

I'm rooting for PDFSharp, as I believe greatly in the concept of open source code and its application to business, but the management team needs more information in order to make a decision that may impact a huge user-base.

Thank you very much for your help in this matter.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:25 pm 
PDFsharp Guru

Hi!

Our CEO sent you an email.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:11 pm 

Thank you for your reply.

I have emailed a response.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:55 pm 

Glad I found this post. We are in the same situation. We are convinced PDFsharp is the way to go but have to sell the idea to management. We have done a proof of concept and have found it working very well for us. We are a global company and have close to 16000 employess in USA. Our goal is to use PDFSharp to convert thousands of text documents generated each day into PDFs. If you can share information on large companies with support plan that use PDF sharp,it will be greatly helpful to present a strong case.

Thanks in advance.