PDFsharp & MigraDoc Foundation

PDFsharp - A .NET library for processing PDF & MigraDoc Foundation - Creating documents on the fly
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read this before posting on this forum: Forum Rules

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:59 pm 

I am referencing the PdfSharp-WPF.dll in my .NET assembly. Everything works fine on my development machine. I created an setup project so that I could install my program on another machine and it automatically included the PdfSharp-WPF.dll when I added my dll to the assembly folder.

I ran regasm against "my" dll and it registered fine however when the program runs, I get an exception, Could not load PdfSharp-WPF or one of it's dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified".

I am not 100% sure that my installer registered PdfSharp-WPF.dll for me so I ran regasm manually to try and register it and I got an error "No types registered". So my question is this. When I have a reference in my project to PdfSharp-WPF.dll in order for it to work, do I need to register any other pdfsharp asemblies on the other machine in order for it to work? IOW, does PdfSharp-WPF.dll have other dependency dll files that it needs?

Also, what does No types registered mean? Do I need to register PdfSharp-WPF.dll in a special way to get it to work?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:08 pm 

Anyone? I am completely stuck. This is the last part of the poroject and I am passed my deadline. If anyone has any ideas please post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:25 am 
PDFsharp Guru

PDFsharp doesn't use COM, so calling REGASM for the PDFsharp assembly probably has no effect.

The PDFsharp assembly should be in the same folder as your assembly. If your assembly is in the GAC then I presume the PDFsharp assembly must also be copied to the GAC.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:20 pm 

Thank you. Yes I finally figured that out after about a week. I had never heard of a dll that did not need to be registered so when I could not register it using Regasm or RegSvr32, I was thrown. And I would not have even noticed but one of classes in my DLL needed to be COM enabled so that meant that I had to have my DLL moved to the same folder as the client program that is using my DLL and the PDF DLL never got moved along with it.

Thanks again.