PDFsharp & MigraDoc Foundation

PDFsharp - A .NET library for processing PDF & MigraDoc Foundation - Creating documents on the fly
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read this before posting on this forum: Forum Rules

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:43 pm 

I am designing a report using just the primitive operations of the XGraphics object. I have variable sized blocks of data that I want to put on a page and when I get to one where there is no more room on a page, I want to create a new page, and then draw it there, continuing, adding pages as necessary, until I have drawn all the blocks.

I see there are things such as BeginContainer(), EndContainer(), Restore(), Save(), and GraphicsStateLevel, and I am assuming this is what I need in order to "try" to draw, see if I went over the end of the page, and if so, rollback, create a new page, try the draw again.

Am I going down the right path? Does anyone have an examples of doing something like this? I'm sure MigraDoc has to do something like this internally, but I need to know how it does it.

Thanks in advance. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:43 pm 

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution for this? I need to do the exact same thing. I'm rendering tables and they are fractured across multiple pages when I run out of room, it looks terrible! ;0)

I would really appreciate knowing how you solved your problem, if you did.

Thanks,
Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:10 pm 

sklett wrote:
Hi,

Did you ever find a solution for this? I need to do the exact same thing. I'm rendering tables and they are fractured across multiple pages when I run out of room, it looks terrible! ;0)

I would really appreciate knowing how you solved your problem, if you did.

Thanks,
Steve

I would like to know about this, too. I would like to know how much space is left on this current page. If not much, I need to start a new table on a new page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:30 pm 

I'm new to the site, and am looking to do the same in my application. hopefully a solution will be forthcoming. if not, and i figure it out, i'll post the results.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:41 am 

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I really like the PDFSharp and MigraDoc tools! Most of the documents that I will be creating will involve tables and it would be great if this is no longer an issue.