PDFsharp & MigraDoc Foundation

PDFsharp - A .NET library for processing PDF & MigraDoc Foundation - Creating documents on the fly
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read this before posting on this forum: Forum Rules

Post subject: AcroForms
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 am 

I would love for PDFSharp to have the ability to Add, Edit, Delete AcroForms fields from a PDF document. There should also be the ability to set not only the properties of the field, but fill in the field with data programmically. The last feature that would make AcroForms complete would be the ability to Flatten the form fields so the data entered into the fields would be saved in the PDF (embedded in the PDF) when the PDF is saved.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:34 pm 

Hi Guys :-)

First of all, I love this library. It's rediculous what commerical PDF libraries cost. They want to charge you for a developer license, then they want to charge you for a server license, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I've been playing around with pdfSharp a good bit lately. I've made an image to PDF converter, and I'm now using it to populate form text fields. In the past, I used another product , pdftk.exe, that could "flatten" form field data populated from an FDF file. It worked fine. All my form fields of data were "flattened" into just plain text like they were drawn onto the document.

I tried looking into the DrawString() function of the xGraphics object, but I couldn't find a way to make sure that the drawn string is positioned exactly over the text field. If I could do that, then I could delete the form field afterwards before saving the document.

But, a flattening option on the document object would be great!!!

Keep up the good work!

Bryan McFarland
:-)

Post subject: Hi Natethornton
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:52 pm 

Hi Natethornton,

I have one question that the feature you talking about is available in PDFsharp or not?

let me know it its there, coz i'm in very much need of that.

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:07 am 

Hi Guys,

I've seen that AcroForms are just under construction in beta 1.2. It would be very nice, when they'll work in final release.

I NEED THAT too.

Kind regards
hans

Post subject: Re: AcroForms
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:18 pm 

Yeah, I need this functionality too.

Looking for a library that enables me to load a template PDF file, fill in some fields, and save it for use later.
The document I save after filling the fields does contain the data I have specified, but the fields still exist (and I don't want this). The values also don't show up when printed, but do when I click on the field.

It seems to be so close... and everything else with this library looks superb...

Hoping this feature is on the TODO list, and near the top at that :)

Cheers,
Westy