|PDFsharp & MigraDoc Foundation
|Migradoc xml serialization format
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||emazv72 [ Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:11 am ]|
|Post subject:||Migradoc xml serialization format|
Would you be interested in an alternative serialization format for the Migradoc Document?
- need to replace the reporting engine of an aging application with a full featured, template driven, no bells and whistles pdf generator tool.
- MigraDoc & PDFSharp ( + Mustache for data ) fit that scenario but...
- ... proprietary DDL language is an issue for us ( readability issues, unfamiliar syntax, lack of formatting tools, lack of a schema, etc )
After a few testing an alternative serializer implementation has been developed using an xml variant of the original ddl with the following features in mind:
- xml is the language of choice for the template. plain xml template is a bit more verbose, but it's well understood by our non-tech team members and has a more familiar syntax.
- original syntax/sugar elements should be preserved ( use CDATA wherever possibile)
- mustache specific data template elements to be injected into the template. Template must be be parseable by a conformant xml parser.
- the serializer/parser feature must sit on top without disrupting the code base wherever possibile.
- extend the template syntax ( e.g. external styles )
Key changes so far:
internal abstract void Serialize(XmlSerializer serializer);
Sample serialization code ( HelloMigraDoc )
Sample xml template: see attached file.
- Serializer needs to use fragments to compact nodes ( review the stack/commit feature in the Serializer class)
- Parser code is still missing
Any comment or idea is welcome
|Author:||Thomas Hoevel [ Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:24 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Migradoc xml serialization format|
There is another project on GitHub dealing with XML serialization:
I don't know, how similar or different those XML implementations are.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group