PDFsharp & MigraDoc Foundation

PDFsharp - A .NET library for processing PDF & MigraDoc Foundation - Creating documents on the fly
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read this before posting on this forum: Forum Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:58 pm 

Have looked for help by searching both the fora and the documentation for "layer", "layers", "visible", and "visibility" with no hits, so I'm starting a new thread.

Don't know if this is a bug (implementation error) or if it has to do with features not yet implemented in PDFsharp, but:

I used the split tool to separate an N-page PDF into N single pages. In a couple instances, layered images in the original were not rendered correctly in the output. On comparing the original and the PDFsharp output pages, I see that the original image is composed of a number of layers, some of which are not visible (they are "unchecked" in the layers table of contents by default when the PDF is loaded). In the output version created by PDFsharp, there are no layers - just a single image - and that image appears to be a composite of *all* of the input layers, regardless of their default visibility.

For my current application, I could live with the merging of all of the layers - I don't need the active layers in the output - but it's very important that the output image matches the (default) input image - in other words, the output image should be the composite of just the default input layers, not all of them.

What are the chances that the correct processing of "just the visible layers" could be implemented, if not a full-blown replication of the image layers?

I can send sample input (47Mb) and output (550kb) if it would help.

Many thanks,

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:26 am 

Hi Chris,

Can you please tell me how do you determine with pdfSharp the visibility of an object ?

Regards,

Alin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:31 pm 

Hi Alin,

I never received a response to my post, so I don't know a lot more about how to query or control layer visibility in PDFsharp. In trying to understand the problem I was having, I searched in the PDFsharp forums and documentation, but didn't find anything useful. It's my impression that PDFsharp has not yet implemented anything to do with layers in PDF files, but I could be wrong. I have not examined the source code... perhaps an answer could be found there, since it doesn't appear in the other places (NB: it has been almost a year since I posted on this issue and I have not looked more recently -- things could have changed between then and now).

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Cheers,

Chris