PDFsharp & MigraDoc Foundation

PDFsharp - A .NET library for processing PDF & MigraDoc Foundation - Creating documents on the fly
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read this before posting on this forum: Forum Rules

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:49 am 

Is there a way to set the position of a table exactly. I am aware of the left and right indent, but i want to set the position vertically too, so i am looking for something along the lines of topindent, there is also alignment but it isnt really precise enough for what i want to do. I've seen suggestions concerning using textframes, but this will make it so the table does not go to the next page if it becomes too big, which it has to. So is there a way to just give exact position of a table, or maybe make textframe break to the next page if they contain a large table

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:09 pm 
PDFsharp Guru

Tables only break to the next page if they are part of the floating text - and then they do not have an absolute position.

Add a paragraph above the table and set its height to move the table down as needed. This only works if you know the height of items contained above this paragraph and the table on the same page. Maybe add other items to TextFrames to remove them from the floating text.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:42 am 

This still doesn't fix my problem. What i want is for a separate program to be able to define where everything is, and then make migradoc make it. I want my tables to move everything below them down as the tables get more rows, this seems only properly achievable through putting everything into textframes. Problem is the height of the textframe containing tables seems to not fit the table inside it properly and as such does not move everything down properly. Is there a way to make the height of the textframe equal to the height of whatever is inside?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:54 pm 
PDFsharp Expert

proink wrote:
Is there a way to make the height of the textframe equal to the height of whatever is inside?
No.
Put the table in the main body and everything that follows in the main body will automatically move downwards when the table grows.