PDFsharp & MigraDoc Foundation

PDFsharp - A .NET library for processing PDF & MigraDoc Foundation - Creating documents on the fly
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read this before posting on this forum: Forum Rules

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:39 am 

Hello. I have run into an image issue. I have an image located in the project root which is of type content and set as always copy. When i run the exe from both release and debug folders in bin, the image is shown in the generated pdf.

.AddImage(“abc.png”)

Issue 1.
When i create the installer for my project using advanced installer. The generated pdf shows image not found. The image file is present in the root folder of the installed project. Works with debug/release exes but not with installers.

Issue 2.
When i try to access the same file in Resources/Images/abc.png, the generated pdf shows image not found in both release and debug exes.

Have been trying to get the path right with no success.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:11 am 
PDFsharp Guru

Hi!
bprasad wrote:
Have been trying to get the path right with no success.
Since your question does not provide enough details, I cannot tell you how to fix it.

The PdfDocumentRenderer class has a WorkingDirectory property that could be used to resolve the issue.
The Document class has an ImagePath property that could be used to resolve the issue.

Your process has a working folder. You could resolve the issue by setting a different working folder.

When running the EXE from Visual Studio the working folder could be two or three levels above the folder with the EXE file. You can set the working folder in VS to get consistent behavior between installed version and development version.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:49 pm 

Thomas Hoevel wrote:
The PdfDocumentRenderer class has a WorkingDirectory property that could be used to resolve the issue.
The Document class has an ImagePath property that could be used to resolve the issue.

Your process has a working folder. You could resolve the issue by setting a different working folder.

Got it working. Thank you