PDFsharp & MigraDoc Foundation

PDFsharp - A .NET library for processing PDF & MigraDoc Foundation - Creating documents on the fly
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read this before posting on this forum: Forum Rules

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:00 am 
Supporter

Hi,

I have received two .eps files, each should take up an entire page in my PDF document. I am adding these .pdf files to my main PDF as images (I have done this many times before) and the first page fails when I open the .pdf with the message "There was an error processing a page. Array length is out of scope", but the 2nd page works ok. The graphic I am adding to the 2nd page is quite a bit simpler than that on the first page, which I guess is why its failing, but my question is:

Is there some kind of setting to use on images which have been added to a PDF (via a migradoc table, then rendered to the PDF at the end) which will flatten the image or something similar? Or, I am using Illustrator to convert from .eps to .pdf - is there a setting in there i need to change to get this image to work? I have fiddled about with the export settings in Illustrator a bit, but with no success...

I can save the problematic image as a .jpg and add it fine, but obviously because its not a vector, the quality is much poorer when zoomed etc. so i would definately prefer to avoid this solution.

I have tried to attach a .zip file containing the three pdf's 1 which is the main pdf, and two which are the images being added to the main pdf, but i cant seem to upload them individually (get invalid image error) and when i zip them, it says the file is too big (its 2.6mb and says its limited to 256kb)

I can provide these files via a public FTP link if required.

Thanks,

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:52 pm 
Supporter

I actually fixed this, but not in code - I "Rasterized all drawing objects" in Illustrator, then re-saved the .pdf and it worked - this did degrade the quality, but i did it at 300dpi, so it still looks 90% quality, plus it seems to look ok zoomed in too.

Thanks for the PM Thomas - PM me again if you want the problematic image to test with at all.

Mike