PDFsharp & MigraDoc Foundation

PDFsharp - A .NET library for processing PDF & MigraDoc Foundation - Creating documents on the fly
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read this before posting on this forum: Forum Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:55 pm 

I just got the latest from Codeplex. I am getting 230+ errors in the XGraphicsPdfRenderer.cs file - Unexpected character errors, as well as a number of syntax errors caused by the Unexpected characters. :(

I did find and attempt the fix mentioned for the Unicode encoding, no effect. Note that this was a simple opening of the BuildAll-PdfSharp solution followed by Solution Clean, Solution Re-build All. No files had been opened in the editor at that time.

Environment US English install.
Windows XP SP3
VS2008 Team System Development Version 9.0.30729. SP
.NET Version 3.5 SP1
Resharper 5.0 build 1599

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:43 am 
PDFsharp Guru

I presume you downloaded "PDFSharp-MigraDocFoundation-1_31.zip".

How did you unzip it?
I used WinZIP and got no compilation errors.

It also worked after extracting the files using the Compressed Folders of Windows XP.

The UTF-8 signature is missing at XGraphicsPdfRenderer.cs.
But I don't know how this leads to compilation errors.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:45 pm 

Yes, this was PDFsharp-MigraDocFoundation-1_31.zip. I uncompressed using an evaluation version of Winzip 14.0. I extracted it to my "My Documents/Visual Studio 2008/Projects" directory, double-clicked on the BuildAll-PdfSharp.sln file to open it. Selected Clean All from the Build menu. Selected Rebuild All from the Build menu. Recieved the 200+ errors mentioned in my orginal message. NOtice that I did not attempt to open any of the source files until after the attempt to compile has failed.

I did open the file mentioned, not noticed a number of variable names that used characters that are part of the Unicode code page. I scanned this forum, and found an entry from March 2009 detailing a fix for a simular issue. Attempted the fix from that thread, but it had no effect.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:58 am 
PDFsharp Guru

DavidDWill wrote:
I uncompressed using an evaluation version of Winzip 14.0.

I'm using v. 8.1.

This problem was reported before, but I don't know if it's a problem of the unzipper or a problem of the compiler (different default settings).

If it's an unzipper problem: extracting the files with the Windows Compressed Folders feature worked on my computer.
(I'll try Winzip 14.0 as soon as a I find time.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:15 pm 

I will attempt using just the uncompress files feature of XP.

I did the same exact test except for how I decompressed the files. I uncompressed using XP's default utility to the "My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects" folder. Double clicked on the "My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PDFsharp\code\BuildAll-PdfSharp.sln" file to open VS2008. Selected Build -> Clean Solution waited for the clean to finish. Selectd Build -> Rebuild Solution. Build failed with 210 Errors in XGraphicsPdfRenderer.cs. The first 182 errors were "Unexcepeted character" showing a number of different Unicode characters. The rest of the errors are cascade errors caused by the unrecognized characters elsewhere on the same file.